Department of Physics
The department of physics at the Faculty of Science, Albaha University was established 1426 H and started in 1427 H to contribute effectively to the expansion of the higher education base in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the fields of basic and applied sciences to meet the needs of the labor market in the governmental and private sectors.
The department of Physics offers Bachelor of Science in Physics. The program provides many opportunities for careers in teaching, scientific and industrial research centers, medical areas …..etc.. This program, enable students to continue their higher studies and research in different fields of physical sciences.
Providing distinguished educational and research program in physics sciences to prepare graduates that contribute the community service through motivating academic environment and effecient use of the resources.
Provide a high quality programs in physical sciences and develop them to become the main source of physical science education in the Kingdom.
Graduating qualified students in the field of physics according to international standards.
Provide graduates with modern theories, and develop new skills and techniques in physics according to current and future needs in the Kingdom.
Prepare students for postgraduate studies and scientific research in the field of physical sciences and related fields.
Provide students with sufficient basic academic, technical and vocational skills through which they can practice physics.
Enrich knowledge and contribute to scientific developments in physical sciences through scientific research and follow-up of new discoveries in physical sciences.
Seek to achieve academic and scientific leadership in physical sciences.
Bachelor of Science in Physics
The Department of Physics pays great attention to the academic guidance, where it aims to guide, advice and assist the students of the department so that they can complete the courses successfully by achieving the following objectives:
• Orienting new comers students’ academic system of the University.
• Orienting students to choose courses suitable for them according to the department's study plan
• Increasing the awareness of the students of the department of the mission of the university, the faculty and the department and its objectives and regulations.
• Follow up the students academically and provide the necessary support for them and overcome the difficulties during their study to achieve the completion of the school plan successfully within the available time.
• Orienting students who are defaulting and guide them and take care of them and follow them to raise their academic performance and assist them to overcome the obstacles they face.
• Provide students with suggestions and advice to improve their academic achievement and help them to overcome their academic problems.
In preparing the curriculum, the department was guided by the academic accreditation requirements, the standards of the National Center for Academic Accreditation and Evaluation (NCAAA) and according to the national qualifications framework for higher education in the Kingdom. The department makes a continuous improvement of curricula and study plans so as to respond to the expected changes that may occur in the world. The department works hard to meet the requirements of the NCAAA to ensure quality and achieve academic accreditation. Several committees have been established to support the development of the quality assurance system and its dissemination in the department.
Dr Algethami, Obaidallah Ayidh A
P.O. Box 1988
Department of Physics
Faculty of Science