Department of Mathematics
The Faculty of Science was established at Albaha University by Royal Decree No. 9682 / MB dated 5/8/1426 H. It was started in 1427 H to contribute effectively to the growth and expansion of the higher education system in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in basic and applied sciences and to meet the needs of the labor market in the government and private sectors. Mathematics department was established at 1427/1428 H. Since then, Department provides its services to each of male and female students of the university as well as serving other departments.
Offering distinctive educational program in Mathematical sciences to prepare a well-qualified generation of students equipped with scientific and practical skills in accordance with the international standards
- To provide a high quality program in Mathematical sciences and to develop it in order to become the main source of Mathematical sciences education in the Kingdom.
- To produce well qualified Graduate students in the field of Mathematics according to international standards.
- To provide graduates with modern theories, and develop new skills and techniques in Mathematics according to current and future needs in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- To prepare the students for postgraduate studies and scientific research in the field of Mathematical sciences and related fields.
- To provide students with sufficient basic academic, technical and vocational skills by means of which they can practically mathematics.
- To enrich students with adequate knowledge in order to contribute to scientific developments in Mathematical sciences through scientific research and follow-up of new discoveries in Mathematical sciences.
Bachelor Degree: Bachelor's degree in mathematics for students since its establishment in 1427/1428 H.
Master Degree: Master of Science in Applied Mathematics in cooperation with Uppsala University in Sweden for students since the academic year 1432/1433 H.
According to the department plan for the academic supervision we follow the following steps:
- Academic Supervisor is appointed for each student.
- Instructions for academic Supervision is described as follows:
- To help the student in choosing and registering the courses according to his/her level and grades.
- To help the student to raise the standard and solving any academic and social problems he/her may face.
- To encourage the students to follow the university and faculty regulations concerning academics and activities.
The department interest is to achieve the quality standards and academic accreditation to (NCAAA) measures within the framework of the faculty and university plan.
Dr Ali Hassan Ayfan Alghamdi