Information gathered automatically
Albaha University’s web servers log some information about Internet traffic on our web pages. While we make no attempt to link the information captured to the identity of individual visitors, these logs capture aggregate, generic, non-personal identifying information about visitors such as:
• The Internet domain and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address from which you access our websites
• The type of browser and operating system used
• The date and time you access our websites
• The uniform resource locator (URL) of the pages you visit
• If you linked to one of our websites from another website, the address of that website
• Your general geographic location
We use this information to help us make our websites more useful to our audiences by learning about the number of visitors, and by monitoring traffic patterns and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about specific individuals and their visits.
In some cases, the Internet domain or IP address of visitors could allow for individual identification, depending on the naming standards followed by your Internet service provider. If this concerns you, you may wish to ask them about their policies and practices.
Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except Albaha University personnel who need the information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to a request.